Before you try something yourself be aware that this is alpha (dynamo) software build on top of beta software (Vasari). Let’s put it mildly it’s not entirely stable. But who cares because this is for fun.
If you are looking for more advanced stuff, do the tutorials and take a look on these websites:
Basically I have set out this quest to be able to do with dynamo what I can already do with the family editor… Learn to crawl before trying to walk 🙂
I have a cube with 3 parameters width length and height. I want to control the dimension of this cube with a slider. I also want the length to be twice as long as the width and the height twice as big as the length.
Explanation of what is what:
- Enable to select an instance of a family placed in a project
- Is the slider that changes the value of the instance parameters of the cube. With this one I can controle the values of the parameters I put in the family. Be aware I first created the family then I placed this family in a project and next I change the values of the slider
- Is a number I use in calculations to make the the length twice as big as the width parameter and the height parameter twice as big as the length parameter. This number I could also change of course
- Here you select the parameters of the family you selected by 1
- Here you see the slider value from number 2 being multiplied by the value from number 3
- Takes care the values get inserted into the appropriate parameter
- Is to see what the parameter value is going to be in Vasari. This is extra and no necessary for this to work